From an individual’s point of view
- The training course was great, but then I returned to a pile of work and never got to implement anything. I just went back to doing things the old way to simply get things done. Now I know what I should be doing but have no support to get it done.
- I feel overwhelmed and demoralised.
- How can I get support for all the “little things” that come up?
- I’ve never lead a team before and was only responsible for my own work.
- It’s hard for me to have tough conversations with my team. These folks used to be my peers and now I’m the leader!
- How can I make this transition?
- There are hundreds of hiccups I face on a daily basis that I have no idea how to handle. I don’t know what I don’t know.
- Where can I get focused support or coaching to get me through those challenges so I can get my work done?
- I want to advance in my career and know there is a lot I need to learn.
- How can I build my skills on an ongoing basis to be a better leader so I can get ahead faster?
- I know how to do the work. I just don’t know how to manage people, do performance reviews or motivate my team. I’ve never had to put work schedules together!
- I can’t keep asking my manager for help – he expects me to know this stuff and figure it out. How can I get support?
What are your aspirations and how can I help you?
From a team/company point of view
- Our new front-line leaders and managers are floundering, even though they were great technical workers.
- How can we get better results from them now that they lead teams?
- We’re resource-strapped:
- How can we support new leaders without spending a lot of money?
- Safety is a huge concern:
- How can we increase safety and productivity?
- We spend lots of money on leadership training programs.
- Why isn’t it enough? Are we wasting money? How can we improve ROI?
- Our leaders drive the company’s performance:
- How can we ensure our people make better decisions for the company?
- We’re seeing good workers fail when they are promoted to leadership, and in turn, their teams are unhappy:
- How can we increase morale and reduce turnover?
- When teams don’t work well together, it puts the company at risk:
- How can we decrease our risks and increase productivity?
- We can’t afford continuous training:
- How can we support our leaders on the job, on a continuous basis, when they need it most?
- Communication issues are leading to inefficiencies and safety concerns:
- How can we help our leaders have the difficult conversations and better communicate with their teams?
These are the types of problems that together we can solve.
Why Work With Me?
- Because it is important that you feel comfortable with someone who has experience, and
- Because I come with 30+ years of self-development, cultural diversity, business, leadership and management experience across various careers and lifestyles,
- Because I am a lifelong learner and explorer of both the inner realm (ourselves) and outer lands including living on 5 different continents
- Because I have seen and lived through the ups and downs of what life is like when we don’t quite understand or trust ourselves,
- Because I want to help people enjoy the experience of learning and the exploration of the unknown self,
- Because I completely believe in the value of helping you understand what makes you tick, how to manage your emotions, have awesome conversations and become a happier human being regardless of role, gender or culture.
- Because I am a professionally trained coach, facilitator, trainer and speaker
- And, I come with a kitbag of tools and credentials.